LUNA Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Clinic London, United Kingdom
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Understanding Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common lifelong condition that affects up to 20% of women worldwide. The majority of women with PCOS require medical treatment for short term (irregular periods, hirsutism and persistent acne) and long term (such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol) health issues associated with this condition. A third of affected women are first diagnosed with PCOS when they are seeking to get pregnant and most of them are often faced with delayed diagnosis, suboptimal and fragmented care.
PCOS and Fertility: Causes, Treatments, and Challenges
Two-thirds of subfertile women with anovulation are attributed to PCOS and more than half will need specialist fertility treatments (e.g. ovulation induction and In-vitro fertilisation) to conceive. More than two-thirds of women with PCOS suffer from overweight or obesity, which unfortunately makes them not eligible for some treatments on the NHS such as IVF or ovulation induction.
Working closely with PCOS patient advocates, we appreciate the frustration of women with PCOS due to their inability to access reliable, multi-disciplinary, and consistent care for this condition. Typically, women with PCOS need input from several health professionals to help them cope with the manifestations of this condition such as gynaecologists, endocrinologists, GPs, specialist nurses, and dieticians. At LUNA, our unique multi-disciplinary approach is specially designed to help women with PCOS access holistic care that addresses all their health needs concurrently.
Our teams comprise of world-renowned experts (link meet the team) on PCOS who have published cutting edge research on the best available treatments and who truly understand the health needs of women with PCOS.
At LUNA we will help you to explore and manage the following aspects of PCOS:
- Get accurate diagnosis and assessment of PCOS on your health (including fertility, ovulation, irregular periods, metabolism, skin and hair problems, weight, cardiovascular, and mental health).
Psychosexual and psychosocial counselling
Our team of PCOS experts will help to access the several diagnostic tests and treatment options including:
- Ultrasound scanning including HYCOSY and 3D infusion scans for tubal patency testing.
- Fertility health check including ovarian reserve (female and male)
- Metabolic and cardiovascular wellness blood tests
- Ovulation induction
- Laparoscopic ovarian drilling for fertility management
- Assisted conception including IVF and ICSI
- Contraception care
- Weight loss optimisation treatments
- Lifestyle optimisation interventions
- Bariatric surgery
- Skin and hair pharmacological treatments
- Hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy
- Psychological and psychosexual counselling
Get in Touch
Proin eleifend in mi eu efficitur. Sed interdum lectus at consequat interdum.